The US has killed Al Qaeda leader al-Zawahiri in a drone strike in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan. After receiving intelligence, a drone strike was carried out on Zawahiri on Sunday afternoon, in which he died. Zawahiri took charge of the terrorist organization in 2011 after the killing of al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden.
According to the reports of the New York Times, this drone strike was done by the special team of the US intelligence agency CIA. Zawahiri had been living in Kabul since the Taliban government came to power in Afghanistan in August 2021. At the same time, the Taliban has been furious over the American action and has called it a violation of the Doha Agreement. The world is silent on Zawahiri’s death. After the announcement of America, no country responded after two days. India is also included in this.
Biden said – find and kill, operation successful
US President Joe Biden addressed the nation after the killing of Al Zawahiri. He said- ‘We have found and killed Zawahiri. We will not leave any threat to America and its people. We will continue the attack on terror in Afghanistan.
Biden also tweeted earlier, ‘On my instructions on Saturday, the US launched an airstrike in Kabul, Afghanistan, in which Al Qaeda’s Emir Ayman Al Zawahiri was killed. Justice has been done.
Al Zawahiri was accused of 9/11 attacks
On September 11, 2001, 19 terrorists hijacked 4 commercial planes and hit the World Trade Center in America. In America it is known as 9/11 attack. In this attack, 2 thousand 977 people from 93 countries were killed. In this attack, all the Al Qaeda terrorists including Osama bin Laden, Al Zawahiri were accused by the US investigative agency.
Zawahiri had escaped twice in the American attack,
America had tried many times before to kill Zawahiri. In 2001, Zawahiri was reported to be hiding in Tora Bora, Afghanistan. However, Zawahiri fled before the attack could take place. However, his wife and children were killed in this attack.
At the same time, in 2006, the US intelligence agency again laid a trap to kill Zawahiri. At that time it was reported that he was hiding in Damdola, Pakistan. However, Zawahiri had escaped from there before the missile attack took place.
Last video released in April
Al Zawahiri released a 9-minute video in April of this year. In the video, he described France, Egypt and Holland as anti-Islamic countries. In the video, Zawahiri also made an absurd statement regarding the hijab controversy in India.
Now know about Zawahiri, who was Al Qaeda Chief for 11 years
- Al Zawahiri was born on 19 June 1951 in an affluent Egyptian family. Arabic and French speaking Zawahiri was a surgeon by profession. At the age of 14, he became a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- In 1978 he married Aja Nowari, a philosophy student at Cairo University. The wedding, which took place at the Continental Hotel, caught the attention of the liberal Cairo of the time, as the marriage separated the men from the women. Photographers and musicians were kept away. Even laughing and joking were prohibited.
- Zawahiri formed the Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ). It was a militant organization that opposed secular rule in Egypt in the 1970s. His wish was to establish Islamic rule in Egypt.
- Zawahiri was among hundreds of people arrested and tortured after the assassination of Egyptian President Anwar Sadat in 1981. After three years in prison, he left the country and came to Saudi Arabia.
- After coming to Saudi, he started practicing in a medicine department. Al-Zawahiri met with al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Saudi Arabia.
- In 1985, bin Laden went to Peshawar, Pakistan to promote Al Qaeda. Al Zawahiri was also in Peshawar during this time. From here the relationship between the two terrorists started getting stronger.
- In 2001, al-Zawahiri merged the EIJ with al-Qaeda. After this, both the terrorists started conspiring to shake the world together.
- Zawahiri took over the leadership of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden in a US attack. In 2011 he became the head of Al Qaeda.